Terug naar de website
Ga Terug   FC Twente Online > De Club > Supporters
Gebruikersnaam
Wachtwoord
Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Post's van vandaag Markeer Forums als Gelezen
Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp Waardeer Onderwerp Weergave Modus
Oud 04-07-2012, 12:29   #151
jfoekens

Stadion:104
Tactiek:Geen
Toto:-
Sjezus, dat ze dat zo kan verwoorden is echt heel erg knap.
jfoekens is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 04-07-2012, 12:42   #152
hannibal
I love it when a plan....

Stadion:Yep
Nu ik zelf ook een kleine dame van die leeftijd heb rondlopen, maken deze teksten nog weer meer indruk op me dan voorheen. Knap dat zijn vrouw het zo op papier kan zetten. En het maakt maar weer eens duidelijk hoe triviaal de hier soms hoogoplopende discussies eigenlijk zijn...
hannibal is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 04-07-2012, 13:07   #153
enschede4ever

Prachtig geschreven , als je dit leest hou je het niet droog !!

Stephan en Marco Pappa:

Stephan en ik zijn een van de weinige hier ( denk ik ) die Marco Pappa live in actie hebben gezien , en we hadden dan ook erg veel pm contact over Pappa en hij hoopte vurig dat hij naar FC Twente zou komen, overtuigd als hij was van zijn kwaliteiten.

Mooi om te lezen dat zijn kleine meid in onze prachtige rood rond loopt !! Sterkte Rachelle & Stella. Afscheid nemen bestaat niet !!
enschede4ever is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 04-07-2012, 16:41   #154
Wolfhound32
Hennig an!

Stadion:Nee
Eddy, jij schijnt dus privé wel contact te hebben gehad met Stephan. Zouden de nabestaanden het op prijs stellen als we een kaart als medeleven sturen?
Oud 04-07-2012, 17:11   #155
eddy35

Citaat:
Origineel gepost door Wolfhound32
Eddy, jij schijnt dus privé wel contact te hebben gehad met Stephan. Zouden de nabestaanden het op prijs stellen als we een kaart als medeleven sturen?

Ik heb alleen contact met Stephan gehad via e-mail en telefonisch.

Chivas USA was bezig met een project om jonge talentvolle spelers uit Oost Europa, die net niet goed genoeg waren voor Europese competities, op een studentenvisum naar Amerika te halen voor UCLA en ze later eventueel toe te voegen aan Chivas USA.
Servie was daarbij een optie en mijn contacten zouden die zaken kunnen behartigen. Daar hebben we samen wat onderzoek naar gedaan.
Vanwege visumregels en andere juridische problemen hebben ze voor Hongarije gekozen omdat die deel uit maken van de EU.

Ik denk dat Stephan's vrouw wel weet dat ik haar mails deel met het forum en dat ze daar ook troost uit haalt.
eddy35 is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 04-07-2012, 17:26   #156
Wolfhound32
Hennig an!

Citaat:
Origineel gepost door eddy35
Ik heb alleen contact met Stephan gehad via e-mail en telefonisch.

Chivas USA was bezig met een project om jonge talentvolle spelers uit Oost Europa, die net niet goed genoeg waren voor Europese competities, op een studentenvisum naar Amerika te halen voor UCLA en ze later eventueel toe te voegen aan Chivas USA.
Servie was daarbij een optie en mijn contacten zouden die zaken kunnen behartigen. Daar hebben we samen wat onderzoek naar gedaan.
Vanwege visumregels en andere juridische problemen hebben ze voor Hongarije gekozen omdat die deel uit maken van de EU.

Ik denk dat Stephan's vrouw wel weet dat ik haar mails deel met het forum en dat ze daar ook troost uit haalt.

Dat is dan ook goed om te weten. Dank voor je snelle reactie.
Oud 09-07-2012, 22:44   #157
eddy35

Ik kreeg net email van Rachelle Bosch. Ze was de persoonlijke mappen van Stephan aan het opruimen en had nog wat documenten voor mij.
Ze stuurde ook nog een bestandje met een interview dat Stephan vorig jaar aan een krant had gegeven. Dit wil ik graag met jullie delen :

SPORTS
SPORTS NEWS FROM LOS ANGELES AND BEYOND
Series: The man nobody knows.
A look behind closed doors.

4/6 Stephan Bosch, soccer scout UCLA/USL Pro

By Kevin Brushey
February 24, 2011,

Have you seen Omar Gonzalez play his heart out for the Galaxy, Angelenos?
Corben Bone at Fire? Enjoyed the goals Miller Bolanos scored for Chivas this year?
You can all thank Stephan Bosch for it. “Who?” you ask?

Stephan Bosch, that’s who. A 35 year old native from the Netherlands, who, in his active days tried out for Heracles Almelo (and failed), the arch rival of his beloved Twente Enschede, a major league soccer club in Holland, and subsequently decided to obtain a professional scouting license at the age of 24. I talked to him last week on campus at UCLA.

KB: Surely looking for soccer talents is easy as pie. Travel around, sitting on a bench and watch some games, and pick the best player. Am I right?

SB: Sitting on a bench and get paid for it. Winston Bogarde (ex-Holland player –red) was the last Dutchman who could say that. (laughs)
Seriously though, that’s indeed the general consensus. In reality though, there are many factors that one need to look at. Worldwide about a quarter of a billion people play soccer, on any level, so it’s already hard enough to stand out. Skills are obviously the first impression, but it got to be paired with attitude, physical stature, awareness, positioning.

KB: So if I can dribble like Messi, and bend it like Beckham, am I a prospect?

SB: (laughs). Remember I mentioned physical stature? Skills are one thing, but you’re what, 220Lbs?

KB: Sure, let’s go with that.

SB: Which likely means you’re not fast, and it’s a safe bet to state you’re not having the lung capacity to last 90+ minutes a game. So no, you won’t be a prospect.

KB: How do you find out about someone’s attitude?

SB: A scout might speak with friends and family to find out about an individual’s behavior. In game, does a player lose his head when they fall behind? Do they lose concentration? Are they lazy at work outs? It all points towards mentality, but even that is just one check mark. Would anyone mind if Messi has a lazy field day? I don’t think so. It’s a combination of many factors.

KB: Why do you scout for UCLA? What project is behind it?

SB: When I came to the US, everybody had their mouth full of the American Dream, and as a foreigner, I had no clue what that entailed. I still don’t, actually. Does it mean everybody has the right to own a house? Can go to college? Be a free man? When I look around me here, and when I pay attention to what’s going on, it’s all bullshit. None of it is true. The banks screwed up the housing market, college tuition is through the roof, and my wife can’t travel to Cuba if she wants to. Do not get me wrong. I love the country; I just disagree with most of its’ mindset. I disagree with most of Holland’s regulations also, for that matter. They love, for instance, to paint a picture of tolerance and hospitability. Well, go visit, and you’ll know better. Everybody with a different color is unwelcome, pointed at and found guilty by default.
When I was brought into contact with UCLA, I was introduced to a program where they’d bring in talented sports players under a student visa. This way they were enabled to go to college whereas in nearly all instances their families couldn’t afford it, and play their sport with a shot at professional leagues.

KB: So what happens when they drop out of school, or when they graduate and no professional league picks ‘m up?

SB: When they drop out, they’re gone. And in case they come from out of the US, it also means out of the country, as their visa ends right there. You can imagine for a kid who comes from a dirt poor family in say Mexico or Costa Rica or wherever, it is an extra driver to push themselves to the limit.

That’s where mentality kicks in. When no professional leaguer pick ‘m up – they go home, but with a college degree in their pocket, which of course also open up doors for them.

KB: How many UCLA folks ended up in the MLS?

SB: Kelyn Rowe will probably be drafted into the MLS, and I’ll see Andrew Rose come in as well.
Years prior to that, there have been plenty, although some go back to their country to play professionally, or Europe, or decide to quit and start a social career. Of course, we also had Cobi Jones, Benny Feilhaber, Carlos Bocanegra and Jon Bornstein: all made it to Team USA and all came from UCLA.
But, knowing that the budget for soccer is not even half that for football or basketball, and we also have swimming, track n field and even golf, it’s clear that there are many opportunities for a lot of folks, if they can commit to improve themselves. Nothing comes easy in life.

KB: Wonderful project, and also honored with a National Badge by Obama’s administration. Is there anything like that in Holland?

SB: (laughs). Yeah, that was fun, having Obama around the fields. I’m not star struck that easily, but that man carries some charisma with him, boy!
In the Netherlands we don’t invest in college sports and certainly not the amounts we talk about here in the States. There’s your mandatory 2 hour PE rostered in, but that’s about it, unless you’ve been picked up by a professional team already.

KB: How did you find Miller Bolanos, the Chivas USA fan favorite?

SB: Oh, that was pure luck. I went to Ecuador for a tip I got from one of our Ecuadorian players at UCLA while I was preparing for a project at Chivas with UCLA, and when I was there, the player I was looking for didn’t impress me, but Bolanos did. So it kind of happened by accident. He’s on loan at Chivas right now, but I hope he’s here to stay for a few years.

KB: Ever want to work in the Netherlands?

SB: Well, gee, I don’t know. If an opportunity arises, I’ll certainly entertain the thought. But you know, I’d have to consult with my boss (chuckles), my wife that is. As of now, she’s quite content where we are now.

KB: What if Twente knocks on your door?
SB: Funny you mention them. Obviously, they hold a warm spot in my heart, but their scouting system is rusty. A year or so back, I had the honor to talk to Jan van Staa, their head scouting, and he told me that they only scout in a 40 mile radius, unless a player plays for the national youth team. I was astonished! What if there’s a super talent walking around 50 miles away, you let it go? It’s ridiculous! Besides that, how can you say you scout for talent playing in a national squad? They’re already scouted, so you’re too late!
Other than that, I am not finished here, I enjoy it tremendously and there’s so much more to do here. The MLS for instance is just starting, it’s going to be a fishing pond for Europe in the next ten years, mark my words. The level of play increases year by year, and talents will be more primed to move to Europe, so more money will be available here, which makes it an easier sell to the public. I’m convinced that players like Joao Plata, Marco Pappa, Freddy Montero, Dilly Duka or Luis Gil can easily thrive in Europe. They’re outgrowing the MLS rapidly, but as long as we have them here, we should enjoy watching them play.
Oud 09-07-2012, 23:28   #158
enschede4ever

Dank je eddy , erg vermakelijk om te lezen ! Moet een mooi figuur geweest zijn , en helemaal gek van voetbal. Droevig om over hem te moeten praten in de verleden tijd. Als spits Fredy Montero !! Helemaal geen gek idee !! Marco Pappa lijkt me ook interessant
enschede4ever is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 10-07-2012, 00:17   #159
Slico

Het stukje over het gesprek met Jan van Staa vind ik ook wel interessant.
Kan haast niet kloppen is m'n eerste reactie.
Slico is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 10-07-2012, 00:19   #160
eddy35

Citaat:
Origineel gepost door Slico

Stephan had het mij al eens verteld, ik begreep het toen ook niet helemaal.
Oud 10-07-2012, 00:21   #161
Gozermans
Unlimited

Mooi Eddy!
Gozermans is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 10-07-2012, 00:32   #162
Da Vinci

Stadion:
Citaat:
Origineel gepost door Slico

Plet, Breukers, Wegkamp, ...
Oud 10-07-2012, 00:41   #163
eddy35

Citaat:
Origineel gepost door Da Vinci
Plet, Breukers, Wegkamp, ...

Stephan vertelde mij wel eens dat hij spelers uit de MLS aan Twente doorgaf, spelers die nu bij grote Europese clubs spelen ( b.v Sacha Kljestan ) en dan nog niet eens een ontvangstbevestiging terug kreeg.
Alsof ze totaal apatisch waren voor tips.
Oud 10-07-2012, 06:48   #164
Wolfhound32
Hennig an!

Citaat:
Origineel gepost door eddy35
Ik kreeg net email van Rachelle Bosch. Ze was de persoonlijke mappen van Stephan aan het opruimen en had nog wat documenten voor mij.
Ze stuurde ook nog een bestandje met een interview dat Stephan vorig jaar aan een krant had gegeven. Dit wil ik graag met jullie delen :

SPORTS
SPORTS NEWS FROM LOS ANGELES AND BEYOND
Series: The man nobody knows.
A look behind closed doors.

4/6 Stephan Bosch, soccer scout UCLA/USL Pro

By Kevin Brushey
February 24, 2011,

Have you seen Omar Gonzalez play his heart out for the Galaxy, Angelenos?
Corben Bone at Fire? Enjoyed the goals Miller Bolanos scored for Chivas this year?
You can all thank Stephan Bosch for it. “Who?” you ask?

Stephan Bosch, that’s who. A 35 year old native from the Netherlands, who, in his active days tried out for Heracles Almelo (and failed), the arch rival of his beloved Twente Enschede, a major league soccer club in Holland, and subsequently decided to obtain a professional scouting license at the age of 24. I talked to him last week on campus at UCLA.

KB: Surely looking for soccer talents is easy as pie. Travel around, sitting on a bench and watch some games, and pick the best player. Am I right?

SB: Sitting on a bench and get paid for it. Winston Bogarde (ex-Holland player –red) was the last Dutchman who could say that. (laughs)
Seriously though, that’s indeed the general consensus. In reality though, there are many factors that one need to look at. Worldwide about a quarter of a billion people play soccer, on any level, so it’s already hard enough to stand out. Skills are obviously the first impression, but it got to be paired with attitude, physical stature, awareness, positioning.

KB: So if I can dribble like Messi, and bend it like Beckham, am I a prospect?

SB: (laughs). Remember I mentioned physical stature? Skills are one thing, but you’re what, 220Lbs?

KB: Sure, let’s go with that.

SB: Which likely means you’re not fast, and it’s a safe bet to state you’re not having the lung capacity to last 90+ minutes a game. So no, you won’t be a prospect.

KB: How do you find out about someone’s attitude?

SB: A scout might speak with friends and family to find out about an individual’s behavior. In game, does a player lose his head when they fall behind? Do they lose concentration? Are they lazy at work outs? It all points towards mentality, but even that is just one check mark. Would anyone mind if Messi has a lazy field day? I don’t think so. It’s a combination of many factors.

KB: Why do you scout for UCLA? What project is behind it?

SB: When I came to the US, everybody had their mouth full of the American Dream, and as a foreigner, I had no clue what that entailed. I still don’t, actually. Does it mean everybody has the right to own a house? Can go to college? Be a free man? When I look around me here, and when I pay attention to what’s going on, it’s all bullshit. None of it is true. The banks screwed up the housing market, college tuition is through the roof, and my wife can’t travel to Cuba if she wants to. Do not get me wrong. I love the country; I just disagree with most of its’ mindset. I disagree with most of Holland’s regulations also, for that matter. They love, for instance, to paint a picture of tolerance and hospitability. Well, go visit, and you’ll know better. Everybody with a different color is unwelcome, pointed at and found guilty by default.
When I was brought into contact with UCLA, I was introduced to a program where they’d bring in talented sports players under a student visa. This way they were enabled to go to college whereas in nearly all instances their families couldn’t afford it, and play their sport with a shot at professional leagues.

KB: So what happens when they drop out of school, or when they graduate and no professional league picks ‘m up?

SB: When they drop out, they’re gone. And in case they come from out of the US, it also means out of the country, as their visa ends right there. You can imagine for a kid who comes from a dirt poor family in say Mexico or Costa Rica or wherever, it is an extra driver to push themselves to the limit.

That’s where mentality kicks in. When no professional leaguer pick ‘m up – they go home, but with a college degree in their pocket, which of course also open up doors for them.

KB: How many UCLA folks ended up in the MLS?

SB: Kelyn Rowe will probably be drafted into the MLS, and I’ll see Andrew Rose come in as well.
Years prior to that, there have been plenty, although some go back to their country to play professionally, or Europe, or decide to quit and start a social career. Of course, we also had Cobi Jones, Benny Feilhaber, Carlos Bocanegra and Jon Bornstein: all made it to Team USA and all came from UCLA.
But, knowing that the budget for soccer is not even half that for football or basketball, and we also have swimming, track n field and even golf, it’s clear that there are many opportunities for a lot of folks, if they can commit to improve themselves. Nothing comes easy in life.

KB: Wonderful project, and also honored with a National Badge by Obama’s administration. Is there anything like that in Holland?

SB: (laughs). Yeah, that was fun, having Obama around the fields. I’m not star struck that easily, but that man carries some charisma with him, boy!
In the Netherlands we don’t invest in college sports and certainly not the amounts we talk about here in the States. There’s your mandatory 2 hour PE rostered in, but that’s about it, unless you’ve been picked up by a professional team already.

KB: How did you find Miller Bolanos, the Chivas USA fan favorite?

SB: Oh, that was pure luck. I went to Ecuador for a tip I got from one of our Ecuadorian players at UCLA while I was preparing for a project at Chivas with UCLA, and when I was there, the player I was looking for didn’t impress me, but Bolanos did. So it kind of happened by accident. He’s on loan at Chivas right now, but I hope he’s here to stay for a few years.

KB: Ever want to work in the Netherlands?

SB: Well, gee, I don’t know. If an opportunity arises, I’ll certainly entertain the thought. But you know, I’d have to consult with my boss (chuckles), my wife that is. As of now, she’s quite content where we are now.

KB: What if Twente knocks on your door?
SB: Funny you mention them. Obviously, they hold a warm spot in my heart, but their scouting system is rusty. A year or so back, I had the honor to talk to Jan van Staa, their head scouting, and he told me that they only scout in a 40 mile radius, unless a player plays for the national youth team. I was astonished! What if there’s a super talent walking around 50 miles away, you let it go? It’s ridiculous! Besides that, how can you say you scout for talent playing in a national squad? They’re already scouted, so you’re too late!
Other than that, I am not finished here, I enjoy it tremendously and there’s so much more to do here. The MLS for instance is just starting, it’s going to be a fishing pond for Europe in the next ten years, mark my words. The level of play increases year by year, and talents will be more primed to move to Europe, so more money will be available here, which makes it an easier sell to the public. I’m convinced that players like Joao Plata, Marco Pappa, Freddy Montero, Dilly Duka or Luis Gil can easily thrive in Europe. They’re outgrowing the MLS rapidly, but as long as we have them here, we should enjoy watching them play.

Thanks for sharing Eddy.
Het is goed af en toe weer iets te vernemen van Stephan.
Oud 10-07-2012, 08:03   #165
Nico'78

Dank je Eddy, interessant stuk om te lezen!
Nico'78 is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 10-07-2012, 09:30   #166
DNNY

Stadion:103
Zo zie je maar. Blijkbaar had hij er meer verstand van dan sommigen dachten. Ik kende hem niet persoonlijk...wel mee gediscussieerd..dan is het toch appart dat zoiets onverwachts gebeurd en het je ook wel raakt.
DNNY is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Onderwerp Opties Zoek in onderwerp
Zoek in onderwerp:

Uitgebreid Zoeken
Weergave Modus Stem op dit onderwerp:
Stem op dit onderwerp::

Posting Regels
Je mag niet nieuwe onderwerpen maken
Je mag niet reageren op posts
Je mag niet bijlagen posten
Je mag niet jouw posts bewerken